Basic Newsletter Option

Price: $10.00 Newsletter which is available every second week. Includes, Top 210 for 98's, Top 130 for 99's. NEW ADDED TOP 40 western American players. interviews, previews and profiles. NOTE: NEWSLETTERS ARE SENT TO EMAIL THROUGH PDF FILE.NOTE: The January 24, 2013 newsletter is ready to be sent.

Full Season Package

Full Season package is $55.00. This package is for those of you who wish to receive the next 7 newsletters, taking you to past the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft. The donation amount is $55.00 for 7 issues. This will take subscribers to the final newsletter before the 2013 Bantam Draft!

Mid-Term Plan

Long-Term plan $100.00 for 15 issues. This would last through the August 22nd newsletter

Sponsorship/Advertisement

Accepting interested parties for sponsorship/advertisement in the newsletter/website from now through the completion of the 2013 bantam draft. contact: westernelitehockeypr@hotmail.ca

New Website

Please update your bookmarks. We are moving from the blogsite to a brand new website. We will keep the blog up for the time being until users have made the move over to the new site. http://westernelitehockeyprospects.com

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Prospect Profile - Dylan Thiessen



One of the prospects that has a good chance of being selected very early in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft is Dylan Thiessen of the Winnipeg Monarchs.  Thiessen, has played age advanced hockey in Winnipeg for the past couple seasons now and hasn't looked out of place in doing so.  Dylan played in the Challenge Cup with the Vancouver Vipers and had 7 points in 6 games but was injured during the tournament - suffering a wrist injury.  The injury forced Dylan to miss the huge tournament this past weekend in Winnipeg.  Here is a recent interview we did with Dylan that appeared in the newsletter a while back.


Dylan Thiessen
Winnipeg Monarchs (WPG AAA)
5’10 165 Forward
2011-2012 Stats:  29GP 14-14-28 14PIM

Where did you play your minor hockey? What are some of your favourite personal and team memories up to this point in your hockey career?
I played my youth hockey at Roblin Park Community Club and started peewee hockey at 10 with the Assiniboine Park Rangers. I played the last two years with the Winnipeg Monarchs age advanced. My favourite memories include being in the top five in league scoring playing with the Assiniboine Park Rangers and winning the city championship with them. Another one of my favourite memories is tying for the league lead in points in my first year with the Monarchs, and then this year scoring the overtime goal in game seven to put my team into the finals.

You have played age advanced hockey in Winnipeg in each of the past two hockey season. What is the reason for doing this and how do you think it has benefited your overall development so far?
The reason I played age advanced the past two years is because of the higher level of play. Playing with older players forced me to play at my best every game. Playing age advanced benefited me greatly because I constantly had to play at a faster pace, play stronger and play smarter.

What did it mean for you to be amongst the top 20 scorers and average almost a point per game, playing age advanced this season? What was the reason for that type of success do you feel?
It was an honour to have these statistics this year playing age advanced. I owe this to my coaches this year for putting me on in all situations and to my teammates

Now that the regular season has ended. What hockey related plans do you have for the spring/summer months in regards to tournaments, team and training?
I have a busy spring/summer planned. I am playing in my fourth year with the Boys of the North, coached by Larry Bumstead. I look forward to our trip to Europe this April. I am also excited to play tournaments for the Vancouver Vipers in Vancouver, Toronto Pro Hockey in Toronto, and the Jr. Steelers in Winnipeg. I will also be busy all summer working out with a trainer at McDoles gym.

What strengths in your game do you feel help set you apart from the other 98 born players in Manitoba? On the other hand, what weaknesses are you going to be working on over the next year to get ready for the 2013 bantam draft?
One of my greatest strengths is how I see the ice and distribute the puck. My coach complimented me on being a 200 foot player as I play well in all zones of the ice. I work hard at face-offs as I understand their importance in controlling the puck. I feel it is important to improve in all areas of my game. One area especially is my speed. That is my goal this summer in my summer training.

Who are some of the hockey players in your region that have either helped you or you looked up to along the way?
Zach Court, Jackson Keane and Reid Stefanson are three players that have helped me the past few years. They have really helped my game by playing on a line with them different times through the past two years. I have also learned a lot from them off the ice from observing their various leadership styles. I hope to take what I have learned from them and take a leadership role on my summer and winter teams.

Lastly, who is your favourite hockey player and which NHL player do you feel best describes your playing style?
My favourite hockey player and the one I feel best describes my playing style is Jonathan Toews. I try to model my game after his by being strong defensively while still being an offensive threat, as well as being dominant in face-offs.

No comments: